Some tips if you think you’d be interesting in working for FinBlade as a programmer. Extra points if you create your CV with LaTex.
This post is about the recent experience I gained in creating a game for a public event which included an incredibly large projected display of the game itself. My insight is about the game development of course, the event production, staging, organizing, funding, marketing and everything else was a job undertaken by many people from numerous different companies.
On a long train journey recently, I decided to take my iPad, for reading mostly. I then thought it would be a good amount of time to do some writing too, but certainly not if I was using the onscreen keyboard! So I got myself an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and this is how it stacked up against a netbook or laptop.
If you’re creating a game that anyone except you is going to play, at some point it will need some Quality Assurance (QA) testing. This could be anything from a several month long period of formal testing and bug fixing, to getting your boyfriend to play your game for an evening and give you some [...]
The newest FinBlade developed EA title is available on the App Store today, get it while it’s cheap (£1.79 as of 23rd June 2011). Like Pictureka! before it, and the original iPhone Battleship, this is another of my babies. Although we have a small credit in the game “Developed by FinBlade Ltd.” there isn’t a [...]
I’ve always thought that nothing says “I’m a twat” more than an obviously personalized car number plate. I guess the geek equivalent these days is your own custom short domain for URL shortening, so I’ve created lngs.tv for myself.
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...