I’ll admit it, I’m quite excited about the OUYA. Compared to the AAA cruise liners, piloted by marketing department budgets, give me the speeds boats, yachts, RIBs, kayaks and coracles of the mobile and indie marketplaces any day.
Lots of links and details about connecting an original DEC VT220 hardware serial terminal to a Raspberry Pi, using a MAX3232 TTL to RS232 serial converter.
Some tips if you think you’d be interesting in working for FinBlade as a programmer. Extra points if you create your CV with LaTex.
This post is about the recent experience I gained in creating a game for a public event which included an incredibly large projected display of the game itself. My insight is about the game development of course, the event production, staging, organizing, funding, marketing and everything else was a job undertaken by many people from numerous different companies.
On a long train journey recently, I decided to take my iPad, for reading mostly. I then thought it would be a good amount of time to do some writing too, but certainly not if I was using the onscreen keyboard! So I got myself an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and this is how it stacked up against a netbook or laptop.
If you’re creating a game that anyone except you is going to play, at some point it will need some Quality Assurance (QA) testing. This could be anything from a several month long period of formal testing and bug fixing, to getting your boyfriend to play your game for an evening and give you some [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- Games I’ve Coded – Snake EX2 August 23, 2009
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- Atom Jones: I've been playing around with my OUYA for two wee...
- SplugenBrau: It is the best phone-game I know. A simple Idea, b...
- Craig: If you already built this item, I suggest that you...
- Steve Anderson: I have to say, I'm more than a little jealous. I...
- Graffcool: Thanks for the awesome game! And it's really inte...