Moving forward with the ‘Games I’ve Coded’ articles, the next big game I got my teeth into was Thief: Deadly Shadows. I’d finished off several Nokia ‘white label’ games (Adventure Race being the last), and the next project to come along was commissioned by Eidos Mobile, and based on the Thief license. At iomo, we [...]
Archive | GamesRSS feed for this section
A few screen shots and a brief look back at my last 8 months of work, coding Pictureka! for iPhone and iPad for EA Mobile.
It’s finally out… The game I and others at FinBlade have been working on for the last 7 months is available to buy on the iTunes App Store, just in time for the new series of Deadliest Catch too. Of course, 7 months doesn’t just get you an iPhone game, there’s Android, J2ME, BREW, Blackberry [...]
Finally, here’s the last of the embedded Nokia Series 40 “Games I’ve Coded”, Adventure Race (AR). Originally available on the Nokia 5140i, a beefed up successor to the 5100 that came with Sky Diver. The 5140i was one of the newer breed of Series 40 2nd Edition devices, which included increased heap memory (up from [...]
An article on Snake EX2, which I coded for the Nokia 3300 and other devices when I was at iomo.
I enjoyed writing about Triple Pop so much, I’m going to continue straight on with the next game I coded at iomo, Sky Diver. Sky Diver was another white label game for Nokia, this time targeted initially at the 5100, but also later the 3510i. The 5100 is technically very similar to the 7210, it’s [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...