Moving forward with the ‘Games I’ve Coded’ articles, the next big game I got my teeth into was Thief: Deadly Shadows. I’d finished off several Nokia ‘white label’ games (Adventure Race being the last), and the next project to come along was commissioned by Eidos Mobile, and based on the Thief license. At iomo, we [...]
An article on Snake EX2, which I coded for the Nokia 3300 and other devices when I was at iomo.
I enjoyed writing about Triple Pop so much, I’m going to continue straight on with the next game I coded at iomo, Sky Diver. Sky Diver was another white label game for Nokia, this time targeted initially at the 5100, but also later the 3510i. The 5100 is technically very similar to the 7210, it’s [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Snake EX2 August 23, 2009
- SplugenBrau: It is the best phone-game I know. A simple Idea, b...
- Craig: If you already built this item, I suggest that you...
- Steve Anderson: I have to say, I'm more than a little jealous. I...
- Graffcool: Thanks for the awesome game! And it's really inte...
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...