See how easy it is to write a simple image viewer in Java. Also learn a bit about the old WAP games I programmed when I first joined iomo.
My Arduino based Cruise Control build indicator lights have been up and running for a couple of months now and so far so good. Here’s the source code for the Arduino sketch running on the lighths, and the Java app that talks to Cruise Control, and triggers the lights.
What do you get if you add an Ikea childrens bedroom traffic light lamp: to an Arduino Duemilanove microprocessor IO board, Arduino Ethernet Shield and some 240V 30A relays? Well, my hope is that I can get our whole office engaged in the work us programmers do as part of the development process for our [...]
According to site stats, my Sky Diver article is one of the popular ones so far, and in particular, people seem to hit it after searching for Liang-Barsky clipping. Since I’ve not had any comments or contacts relating to the code I posted, I don’t know if it’s what people are expecting or not. However, [...]
An article on Snake EX2, which I coded for the Nokia 3300 and other devices when I was at iomo.
Reading about map-reduce really peaked my interest in learning more. The Apache Hadoop website has some good reading, and Google of course turns up lots of other info. Reading is all well and good, but the best way to learn about a concept or algorithm is to actually implement it. This is my trivial Map-Reduce implementation in Java, using threads, in less than 500 lines of code.
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...