Well that first tutorial, installing a JDK, was pretty easy. About the only complicated thing was actually navigating to the right place to get a download link on Suns website. Pretty soon, we can write some actual code and see it working, but there are a couple of things worth doing before that to save [...]
Programmers like debating till the cows come home about the best languages to use for teaching and learning to program. I first programmed a computer using BASIC, but that was never anything more than typing listings from magazines and books into my Sinclair Spectrum. I didn’t learn much back then, but I gained an understanding [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...