Comments on the MapReduce programming model, as described by the Google paper ‘MapReduce – Simplified data processing on large clusters’.
If I post source code on this blog that I’ve written, either inline, or linked to in a zip file or something, then unless it specifically says otherwise, you can assume usage writes under the WTFPL v2.
I’ve already done one post about software worth paying for, and I’ve got plenty of other software I want to mention lined up for the future. However, you don’t necessarily have to pay for software, there’s an astonishing amount of freely available software that won’t cost you a penny. You probably have data on your [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...