Some tips if you think you’d be interesting in working for FinBlade as a programmer. Extra points if you create your CV with LaTex.
If you’re creating a game that anyone except you is going to play, at some point it will need some Quality Assurance (QA) testing. This could be anything from a several month long period of formal testing and bug fixing, to getting your boyfriend to play your game for an evening and give you some [...]
Before writing my p4-overtime script, I did a quick bit of Google searching to see if anyone had already written code for anything similar, and I found a blog post by a guy named Maxim Yegorushkin titled “Visualize perforce change log with gource“. He’d written a python script to convert the Perforce log format into [...]
My Arduino based Cruise Control build indicator lights have been up and running for a couple of months now and so far so good. Here’s the source code for the Arduino sketch running on the lighths, and the Java app that talks to Cruise Control, and triggers the lights.
It ‘s a lovely Sunday afternoon, and my week of soldering, Dremeling and programming has ended! My build system indicator lights are complete, for the most part…
What do you get if you add an Ikea childrens bedroom traffic light lamp: to an Arduino Duemilanove microprocessor IO board, Arduino Ethernet Shield and some 240V 30A relays? Well, my hope is that I can get our whole office engaged in the work us programmers do as part of the development process for our [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...