Some tips if you think you’d be interesting in working for FinBlade as a programmer. Extra points if you create your CV with LaTex.
Before writing my p4-overtime script, I did a quick bit of Google searching to see if anyone had already written code for anything similar, and I found a blog post by a guy named Maxim Yegorushkin titled “Visualize perforce change log with gource“. He’d written a python script to convert the Perforce log format into [...]
I would argue that your source control system is the most important tool of any programmer. I use Perforce, and I’ve written a script that tells me how much extra work I put in on a project, over and above the normal nine to five.
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...