See how easy it is to write a simple image viewer in Java. Also learn a bit about the old WAP games I programmed when I first joined iomo.
Moving forward with the ‘Games I’ve Coded’ articles, the next big game I got my teeth into was Thief: Deadly Shadows. I’d finished off several Nokia ‘white label’ games (Adventure Race being the last), and the next project to come along was commissioned by Eidos Mobile, and based on the Thief license. At iomo, we [...]
I'm Steve Longhurst, tech director for UK mobile developer FinBlade. I'm a professional programmer and write games and apps for iOS, Android, J2ME and the web, but will turn my hand to most things as necessary.
I talk C++ and Java first, but especially enjoy scripting languages such as Python and Lua.
I've been creating mobile games for over 10 years, even before handsets were directly programmable.
- Creating your own MIDP simulator in J2SE October 11, 2007
- p4-overtime (I love source control) November 22, 2010
- Games I’ve Coded – Sky Diver April 8, 2009
- URL Shortening with a Custom Domain April 17, 2011
- Games I’ve Coded – Thief Deadly Shadows (Mobile) January 22, 2011
- Mira Ceti: I played this game religiously with a friend. We'...
- aaa2: Hello, how do I turn off the sound? Can I somehow ...
- p4-overtime (I love source control) | Fix My Bugs: [...] [...]...
- Dave Gumble: Great post! Glad to hear coders like the QA phase ...
- Cab Jones: I believe he said what he meant--he had an abiding...